Constant headaches may be the fault of your jaw joint, not your stress or caffeine levels! Get the lowdown on the TMJ, the joint that connects the jaw to your skull. This joint gives your jaw the flexibility to speak, chew, laugh, yawn, and bite. An imbalance in this joint causes pain, tension, clicking, discomfort, tooth wear, and many other harmful results.
A lot of people will consult a health care provider about their pains without realizing their dentist can relieve the symptoms. Dr. Bradley Rule is a neuromuscular dentist who can treat TMJ with his state-of-the-art technology and his advanced education. Firstly, Dr. Rule uses modern jaw tracking technology to accurately measure your jaw movements and to determine the exact position of your bite. Then, Dr. Rule will fit an orthotic appliance to correct your bite. The discomfort in your jaw should disappear almost immediately, relieving your painful symptoms.
Along with Dr. Rule’s TMJ treatments in Gurnee, you can soften your TMJ symptoms by making a few changes to your daily routine. Some of those simple changes include:
- Chew on both sides of your jaw equally to avoid stress and tension.
- Avoid taking oversize bites or foods requiring your mouth to open wide. Cut your food into smaller pieces.
- Eat softer foods instead of hard, crunchy foods – carrots, celery—to avoid extra tension to your jaw.
- Avoid tensing your jaw muscles and grinding your teeth.
- Modify or halt gum chewing, which can cause severe pain to your TMJ.
Suffering from TMJ disorder can easily put a damper on your daily routine. Dr. Rule has the training and technology needed to relieve your symptoms, and let you continue your life pain-free from migraines, discomfort, and sensitive teeth.
Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Rule and see if our TMJ treatments are right for you!