4 Steps to Make a Success of Your Dental Implant
Is your smile missing one or more chiclets? Tooth loss is unfortunately more common than many realize. According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOS):
- 69 percent of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth to an accident, gum disease, failed root canal, or tooth decay.
- By 74 years of age, 26 percent of adults have lost all of their permanent teeth.
With an overall success rate of approximately 95 percent, coupled with some 50 years of clinical research, dental implants provide an unparallelled solution in addressing tooth loss. Regardless of whether you need to replace a single tooth, or an entire set of pearly whites, dental implants are often the best choice.
Dr. Rule Provices Dental Implants in Gurnee
Consider four important steps you should take so your dental implant is nothing short of a complete success.
- Don’t procrastinate—Once a tooth is lost, the supporting area of bone below it will oftentimes begin to shrink. Implants are attached directly to your jawbone, so the sooner you receive your implant, the more bone will be available to successfully anchor the implant.
- Maintain good oral health—A mouth free of periodontal disease and other serious oral health issues provides the best home for dental implant success. Care for your dental implant as you would your existing teeth, with a good routine of brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits.
- Develop the right habits—Avoiding the use of tobacco products or excessive consumption of alcohol also greatly increases the success rate of implant procedures. Maintain good overall health by eating a balanced diet, and exercising regularly.
- Don’t settle for just any dentist—Not all dentists offer the same expertise, training, artistic ability, or modern technology in providing your dental implant.
The good news is that most people are candidates for dental implants, regardless of their age. Missing a tooth doesn’t need to hamper your willingness to flash your smile without hesitation. Contact our office today to book your very own dental implant consultation!
Let us know: Do you think people who are proud of their smiles are more happy in general?