Taking the time to schedule regular visits to your highly skilled dentist for Lindenhurst IL is an essential part of maintaining a healthy mouth and exuberant smile. Unfortunately, bad oral health is often associated with serious overall health conditions, including stroke, heart disease and diabetes. So more then teeth and gums are at stake when it comes to putting into practice a good oral health regime.
Yet an ADA and Crest/Oral-B public survey on America’s Oral Health Care revealed some shocking statistics about oral health:
- While 83% of Americans say their dentist is their primary source of information on oral care practices, a significant portion of them say they have not discussed their oral health issues with a dental professional.
- 25% of Americans report not visiting the dentist at all last year, and 20% report going just once.
- 33% state that other than the cost or lack of adequate insurance, they don’t visit the dentist because they have other, more important health issues to tend to.
These statistics are even more of a concern considering that:
- 1 in 8 Americans reports having difficulty with normal daily activities because of problems with his or her mouth, teeth and gums.
- 51% reveal that they’re currently experiencing one or more oral health conditions.
It’s apparent that at times, oral health can simply be taken for granted, with negative consequences across the board. We at Rule Dentistry would be proud to be your partners in health. This can include utilizing high-tech equipment to halt the progression of gum and bone disease, catching oral cancer at its early stages, and resolving other various issues with your smile that impede enjoying life to the full. Boost your smile-ability and take care of your health by consulting with your go-to dentist for Lindenhurst IL today.