Sometimes the difficult part with having flaws in your smile isn’t the flaws themselves, but in figuring out the best treatment options available to resolve them. Consider some FAQs about cosmetic bonding to find out if this popular method is right for you.
1. What’s bonding? This technique employs a composite, tooth-colored resin that’s formed into a paste-like consistency. The material is skillfully applied directly onto the tooth, and is hardened using a high-intensity dental light. This process is then repeated as other layers are added. The final layer is artistically sculpted, and then polished so as to perfectly match the appearance of existing teeth.
2. What smile issues are fixed by cosmetic bonding? Bonding is used by dentists for a number of different situations. These can include:
- Repairing teeth that are chipped, cracked, or worn looking.
- Replacing amalgam/metal fillings
- Resolving stains/discoloration, including pesky ones that resist teeth whitening treatment.
- Filling small dental cavities.
- Reshaping oddly proportioned teeth.
- Closing spaces/gaps between teeth.
3. What are the benefits? Bonding has been become popular because of its many benefits, such as:
- It provides satisfactory results with a lower price-tag than other procedures such as porcelain veneers.
- Non-invasive and virtually pain-free
- It provides fast results as the entire tooth bonding procedure can often be completed in a single visit.
4. What are the disadvantages? Bonding is not a cure-all for every tooth problem, and has some limitations in comparison to other dental options. It doesn’t have the strength or durability of other more expensive restorative materials such as porcelain or ceramic. Bonding material is also not as resistant to staining as crowns and veneers are.
5. Is bonding for adults only? Bonding can be utilized to revamp smiles for the entire family, including adults, children, teens and young adults.
Even if you have an upcoming event or social gathering that’s just around the corner, it’s still not too late to dramatically improve the vitality of your grin with cosmetic bonding. Wow your friends and family with a mesmerizing smile, thanks to a little bonding time with your trustworthy dental professionals.
Share this blog with those who would also benefit from knowing more about bonding. Of course, these are just some of the FAQs about bonding, so feel free to contact Dr. Rule, a dentist in Gurnee, IL, today to learn more.
Whose Hollywood smile would you like to adopt as your own and why?